THE SWIM – 10.0 km
10.0 km (6.2 mile) point-to-point swim in the warm, fresh waters of Skaha Lake. The water temperature is 74 degrees Fahrenheit on average.
Below are links to the course maps and information:
- This document is laid out for viewing on the screen in Adobe Reader.
ULTRA520K Canada Map Book Web Version
ULTRA520K Canada Swim Rules & Regulations Overview
1. Wetsuits are permitted.
2. No artificial aids to propulsion are allowed.
3. Swimmers can hold onto canoes/kayaks for rest or while eating/drinking, but no forward motion is allowed.
4. Swimmers must provide own food/drinks for duration of the swim.
5. Swim caps will be provided to each swimmer.
6. Paddlers number must be attached to the Paddler’s outerwear so it is visible at all times.
7. There will be designated officials following the event and one warning for any infraction of the above rules the swimmer will be disqualified from the race.
8. The swim course will be CLOSED 6 hours after the start of Stage 1. Any athlete not reaching the swim finish by then will be declared a “Participant” and may be allowed to continue at his/her own risk.